The most important attribute for working successfully at Autumn Harp is the ability to work harmoniously with other people, specifically to create a positive work environment. We offer a desirable and respectful workplace, competitive compensation and generous benefits - including paid time off, holiday pay, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness, flexible spending accounts, 401k with employer match, profit share, a free gym membership and more! Explore job opportunities at Autumn Harp below.
Employment Applications, Résumés, and Cover Letters stating interest in an open position can be sent to:
26 Thompson Drive
Essex Junction, VT 05452
Autumn Harp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
E2 - Thursday, Friday, Saturday 6:50am to 7:00pm
E3 – Sunday, Monday, Tuesday 6:50pm to 7:00am
E4 – Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 6:50pm to 7:00am
Quality-minded, dependable individuals are needed to join our talented production team. Our ideal candidates must be reliable, honest and respectful; and possess sound reading and math skills. Prior experience in manufacturing and mechanical aptitude, a plus. Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position; which includes the ability to lift 30 lbs or more; able to stand and walk for 12hrs/day; able to perform exacting tasks by hand.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Manufacturing Engineering Manager is a highly qualified position to plan, arrange, optimize, design and implement methods and processes in production to establish standard workflow rate and improve efficiency. Coordinate and manage manufacturing engineering projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities for our equipment. The ability to analyze engineering technology, product needs, and testing procedures from planning to fulfillment review is imperative. Manage staff, utilize operational resources, and integrate the systems for producing quality products with the optimum expenditure of capital.
- Develops innovative solutions to complex engineering and manufacturing production concerns through identification and process analysis.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes to drive optimum overall equipment effectiveness on production lines to create operational results.
- Facilitate change management so that continuous improvement and team work become the standard.
- Conduct assessments of manufacturing operations to provide focused improvement opportunities to increase production efficiencies, eliminate waste, reduce inventory, reduce lead times, increase quality and increase due date performance.
- Develop benchmarks, measurements, quantifiable benefits and track progress.
- Participate in cross functional teams to implement continuous flow manufacturing and pull systems, 5S improvement, standard work, setup reduction, value stream mapping exercises, and visual standards.
- Act as liaison between management and vendor or contractor from start to finish of project.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related engineering field
- 10+ years of Engineering experience within a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Requirements Analysis, Design Skills, Project Management, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Process Improvement, Technical Understanding, Documentation Skills
- Industrial Automation experience (capable of programming machines)
- Technical computer knowledge and experience in 3D modeling software
- Ability to work cross-functionally to meet all internal and external customer needs
E1 Shift - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager, this position supervises production team members while organizing and monitoring work flow in the production area.
- Promote a safety workplace atmosphere and maintain an organized, clean work environment.
- Communicate job expectations, planning, monitoring and appraising job results; coaching, training and mentoring employees.
- Resolve problems and is relentless in continuous improvement using and implementing lean concepts and principles.
- Lead and manage all quality, on time delivery and productivity of assigned work areas, track manufacturing results by preparing and reporting production indicators.
- Actively collaborate with all functional areas of the operations team to assist the Manufacturing Manager in improving a system of production control, standard work, safety, quality control and performance management.
- Build confident, valued, and team-based relationships
- Mentor and support all 5S initiatives and procedures
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to motivate and train a variety of people
- Solution-oriented with excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a cross function team based environment
- Must meet the physical requirement of the job
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Flexibility in shift schedules required based on manufacturing needs.
The most important attribute for working successfully at Autumn Harp is the ability to work harmoniously with other people, specifically to create a positive work environment. Respect for co-workers, honesty and creativity are all important characteristics.
E4 Shift - Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 7:00pm to 7:00am
Our Compounders are responsible for making batches of our formulations. The ideal candidates will be quality-minded, dependable, have a positive and team oriented attitude with strong problem solving abilities. Compounders ensure that all products are batched according to the manufacturing instructions provided.
Essential Job Requirements:
- 2-3 years of experience within a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic chemistry or food science.
- Must be a team player with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to lift 30lbs frequently, and up to 75lbs occasionally
- Able to work around hot pour perfumes and fragrances on a daily basis
- Have normal hearing and vision with the ability to discern colors
- Above average reading and math skills
- Must be organized and detail-oriented
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing environment is a plus
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing environment is a plus
The Compounding Technical Apprentice is responsible to safely and efficiently support the Compounding Department by performing the timely repair and maintenance of all compounding equipment so as to operate at peak efficiency and without downtime. Under the direction of the Compounding Mechanical Supervisor, will work with the Sanitation Officers on the front lines to identify any repairs or improvements needed for Compounding and Production equipment and funnel them through the DTM and PM Program. A flexible schedule will occasionally be necessary depending on maintenance needs and priorities. Good communication, mechanical, and organizational skills, characterize this position.
- Work closely with Sanitation Officers to identify any immediate repairs and train to correct them or funnel through DTM red tag system.
- With direction from the Compounding Mechanical Supervisor, support the DTM Sub Pillar and PM Pillar Team to develop and carry out preventive maintenance program.
- Works with CSD Pillar to help develop and continuously improve work instructions for Sanitation Officers.
- Adhering to preventative maintenance schedules and helping to maintain equipment, parts and supplies inventory.
- Promote a safety workplace atmosphere and maintain an organized, clean work environment
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years’ experience within a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Solution-oriented with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Team oriented and self-motivated
- Must meet the physical requirements of the job; ability to lift moderate to heavy loads, stand and work flexible hours when needed